The A to Z of Dresses!
Long ago, when the traditional Indian woman was described, she would always be wearing something absolutely ethnic, which could be the saree or salwar kameez. The modern Indian woman is scaling the greatest of heights and is also breaking the glass ceiling, every day. As her role in the present day is changing, so is her wardrobe, which is why if on the one hand, she is buying sarees, she is also looking to buy designer ladies dresses online. If you are someone who is new to the world of dresses, then you need to read on.
Before you rush to pick up a brand new dress for yourself, you need to understand that there are some basic types of dresses, mainly based on their length.
- Floor length – If you are looking for something that will make you look grand and allows you to literally ‘sweep’ everyone off their feet, then you need to look for something that is floor length. The floor length dresses are ideal for people who want to have a western look, but are still conscious about the Indian sensibility.
- Mid calf – For the woman, who is willing to flaunt her style a little more, without feeling like she is showing too much skin, the mid-calf length dresses are a great choice. If you are looking to buy dresses for women online, then you must look through the extensive collection that Shree has to offer, because here you will find several stunning mid-calf length dresses.
- Knee length – When there is the occasion which calls for something that is stunning and truly western in its essence, you need a dress that stops just short or just below the knee. These dresses are ideal for office wear or even a casual party, where you want to sport a western look. You can team the dress with high heels or even boots, both of which would look good.
- Short – For those who are blessed with great legs and a svelte figure, there could be nothing greater than a short dress. This is actually a wonderful choice for younger women, who want to steal all the attention at a party or special event.
At Shree, you will find a truly wide range of dresses, in colours, prints, patterns and sizes that will leave you delirious! This is the one place where you can find a stunning array of not only traditional attires, but also ultra-modern outfits.
Before you fall in love with the first dress that you see here, it is also important that you understand the basic shapes of these dresses.
- A line – When you are looking to buy stylish dresses for women online, the one shape that you should most certainly look at is the A line. This is a shape that is flattering to almost all body types, because it cinches in at the waist and flares out; creating an almost fairy tale like look for you.
- Shift dress – Even though this shape had no clearly defined waist, there is much that you can do with it. The shift dress is normally on the shorter side, you can add a jacket or leggings along with it. Wear a belt around the waist and you have an outfit that will look completely different.
- Maxi dress – The maxi dress is a wonderful choice for women who do not like very fitted dresses. The maxi dress can be created using a range of fabrics, including the breezy ones, which are great for summers.
- Peplum – The peplum is a great idea for people who have slightly boarder hips, because the gathered piece of fabric above the waist, breaks the attention. Generally, the skirt below is fitted, shaping the body further.
- The wrap dress – Having become extremely popular in the past few years, the wrap dress could have actually taken inspiration from the Indian angarakha. The wrap creates the illusion of a waist, making you look slimmer.
Now that you know about the dress lengths and the basic shapes, you are ready to buy designer women dresses online and Shree should be your first choice. This is the place where you will find the most modern outfits with a choice that is so incredible that it will leave you astounded.
Here are the 5 dresses that every modern woman should have in her wardrobe:
- Little black dress – The little black dress or the LBD as it is popularly known as now is the run to for most women, when it comes to special occasions. Pick a dress that shows off your curves and because it is black, it will most certainly make you look slimmer.
- Lace dress – Lace has always been associated with femininity and when you are looking to buy party wear dresses for women online, you should most certainly look for a lace dress. While the cut and colour of the dress is up to you, it is important that you remember to look for good quality lace.
- Tunic dress – Once upon a time, the tunic was something that would have been associated with a school uniform. Today, it has become a staple dress in most wardrobes and the fact that it is extremely versatile, makes it well loved. Use a belt to create a waist or team it with leggings or jeans during the winters.
- Shirt dress – Who knew that you could convert a long shirt into a stunning dress – this was perhaps how the shirt dress was born. Whatever might be its origin story, the shirt dress has become incredibly popular, especially with the younger crowd.
- A line dress – When you want to look like an elegant princess, this is the type of dress you want to set your hands on. The flare of the dress will make you look taller and slimmer, allowing you to swish and sway!
Now that you have all the important information in hand, you can head to Shree and buy women dresses online, because only here do you get the most options, in terms of style, colours, patterns and also price range.